Trump?

• “Is that an American accent I hear? So….Trump.”
  • “Trump or Hillary?”
  • “So what do you think about your new election?”

These are the most common questions I get when anyone hears my American accent. Most of the time my response was, “It is what it is”, and I think they were expecting a more interesting response. I take a taxi to and from school every day so nearly the whole ride every day was spent talking about American politics. I am not someone who is particularly interested in politics so it got pretty old. A lot of the people are comparing it to Brexit and if they wanted to stay in or out. I am hoping the start of the new week will bring the start of new conversation.

This week, I started teaching. I had to teach one lesson a day. I got lucky enough that the topic they are studying right now is the dynamic Earth so I got to teach a couple of lessons about volcanoes. All of the lessons went pretty well and I’m starting to feel a little more comfortable and like a part of the class. I got lucky enough to teach volcano experiments on Friday. We did the baking soda and vinegar volcano explosion and Coke & Mentos experiment. The students really enjoyed this lesson and it was fun to watch all of their reactions. Next week, I start teaching to lessons a week so I will be pretty busy!

I have to write a full lesson plan and review for every lesson I teach so I am fining myself to be pretty busy working on lesson plans after school.